Everyone tells you that you need it, but why?
I get asked this question a lot and I think that it’s a valid question. I mean really, how does your business fit in with all the social racket going on?
When social marketing is done right; meaning, you have a strategy and you post regularly, there’s really no better way to build your brand. You can’t beat it for the price and the coverage.
The main reason to ‘jump on board’ with social media marketing, is that it allows you to build your brand and your audience by being able to engage with a group (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram and etc.) and on a more personal level, email (i.e., MailChimp, Constant Contact and etc.), like you’re reading right now.
Here are a few tips to get you started on the right track:
Be sure your branding is consistent within all social media channels.
- If you don’t have a logo, why not? Check out 99 Designs. You need to look professional.
- The look should be clean, simple and up-to-date.
- Crosslink to your website and other social platforms, when possible.
- Be sure all your content and services information is consistent on all platforms, including your website.
Be sure to have a professional headshot.
- You should look professional on all of your social channels and your website.
Tell your story.
- Be sure that the About section is filled in with your story and is consistent with all your social channels and your website. This bears repeating!
- People want to know who you are and why you do what you do.
- Create a video intro or welcome and embed it into your website and share on your social channels.
- Plan on posting at least one time per day on each channel/page, in addition to ‘liking’ other pages, sharing information from other pages and favoriting various posts. Moreso on Pinterest and Twitter.
- Make sure you answer questions and engage with your audience. After all, that’s the whole point of being on social media.
- Follow competitors and clients.
- Share relevant client information on your channels.
What is your biggest challenge with social media? Share them with me in the comments.