Wow! Isn’t it cool that we have this awesome event here in Jacksonville?
We are all making a mark in Jacksonville’s history and revitalization. Recently, Jacksonville was ranked 13 as one of the best cities in the country to start a business. That’s a huge deal!
That’s why One Spark , The World’s Crowdfunding festival, is such a awesome event. It’s all about innovation, entrepreneurship, creativity and putting yourself out there for the world to see.
I want to help you make the most of your experience. I know that it can seem a little daunting, trying to figure out where to go and who to see with over 600 creators, 77 venues, and not to mention the food, entertainment and more.
So, I’ve taken it upon myself to break it down and make it easy to get organized and enjoy the experience. Here it goes…
Before the event
- Review the Projects and map out who you want to see and where they’re located.
- Download the One Spark app which allows you to vote and contribute in real-time and so much more.
- Get a 2014 Event Guide (Folio Weekly, April 2-8 edition); contains everything you need to know about the event.
- Register so you can vote and/or contribute to your favorite project
- Review the daily schedule for event information
Day of the event
- Check the One Spark schedule so you plan out what events you want to see and where to stop.
- Be sure to check out the Food Village and the Beer Village.
- Check the daily weather forecast. Currently the weather is forecasted to be in the upper 70’s and sunny.
- Pack a bag with water, snacks and sunscreen.
- Wear comfy clothing and shoes.
- Check out the parking options:
- Free- Park at the Prime Osborn Convention Center, then take the Skyway.
- Cost- Trolley, Bus or Water Taxi.
- Bring your full charged Smartphone and/or camera so you can vote and take/share pictures and video.
- Get social. Use #ONESPARK and share your experience:
- Twitter: @beonespark
- Facebook: @beonespark
- Google+: @OneSpark
- Instagram: @beonespark
- Vimeo: @OneSpark
- YouTube: @beonespark
- Vote/Contribute. This is how Creators get the funding they need and may qualify them for bonus funding.
Attend the closing ceremony on Sunday, April 19: 1:30- 4p.m. where you’ll hear the top finalists pitch their ideas and others will perform. You’ll learn which Creators will walk away with $10k and international bragging rights.
I’d love to hear about your experience, tell me all about it in the comment section at the bottom of this blog or post to my Facebook page!